What is "Vasculyse"?
This is a safe, non-invasive solution for blotchy red skin, spider veins, skin tags, ruby points and broken capillaries and works especially well on areas of our body where the skin is thin, such as the face, neck and chest.
How does it work?
Vasculyse is a non-invasive electro-coagulation procedure. This means that mild electric current is used in a very specific way to solidify blood in vessels that are visible and unsightly. The blood is redirected to other, deeper vessels and the body replaces the treated vessels with scar tissue.
If there is scar tissue, won't it show?
No. Vasculyse only works in the upper most layers of the skin, so there is no visible scarring whatsoever.
How quickly does it work?
Although there will be some redness around the area that was worked on, the broken vessels will be gone after the first treatment. Final results are achieved in 3-21 days – quicker on the face, a little longer on the body.
How many treatments does it take?
Most broken capillaries can be treated in one visit. Areas that are large or are very red or purple may take more than one treatment session. This is one of the benefits of electrocoagulation therapy (Vasculyse) – it is fast and effective!
What can be treated?
- Telangectasia – broken or dilated vessels, may appear as a fine red line
- Spider angioma – when you have a central area that is very red and has "legs" that spread away from it
- Couperose – blotchiness or redness on the face due to many small broken capillaries
- Ruby points – distinct red spots
- Skin tags
Why do I have broken or dilated capillaries?
- Heredity (fair skin, from northern countries)
- Sun exposure
- Drastic and rapid temperature changes, for example: going into a hot sauna from a cold windy day
- Heat induced treatments like chemical peels
- Alcohol use
- Hot and spicy foods
- High blood pressure
- Medications, especially some hormones such as oral contraceptives
Does it hurt?
There is a pricking sensation – most people find it tolerable. If it is very uncomfortable, we can use numbing creams before we begin.
Am I a good candidate for Vasculyse treatment?
Most everyone can do Vasculyse. If you fall into any of the following categories, let us know; you may still be eligible for treatment.
- Using prescription blood thinners (Coumadin, Warfarin)
- Any medical condition that delays the healing process
- Viral hepatitis
- Metallic implants (depends on area)
- Rosacea (active phase or with severe acne)
- Infectious acne
- Herpes simplex (cold sores)
Quarter Hour $112
One Half Hour $165
Three Half Hour Sessions $425
Five Half Hour Sessions $590
**More than one area or one condition can be treated per session.